Friday, November 25, 2011

How you clean nail polish off clothes?

Last year I spilled red nail polish on a brand new white knit blouse. I was crushed. I looked up online and they said nothing could be done. I experimented and my blouse was as good as new with no trace of polish. I used ';Awesome';, let it soak, then I scraped what I could with my fingernail, washed it and still some remained. I kept repeating the process. I bet I washed it 5 times. Awesome works and scraping what you can. I ended it by washing in vinegar. Don't rub it together because the color will spread. Painstakingly, take your time and use Awesome, scrape, blot and wash and repeat til clean. I was amazed that I got my white blouse cleaned, it was the first time I wore it and I could have cried when it happened, but miracles do happen! Good luck to you.





Oh, this is a rough one :-( Especially once the fabric has been hit by acetone remover (cheap brand of remover or not) it might not be removable. However, how about some really small cute appliques from a fabric store sewn on over the polish stain? It would 'dress' the dress up and make the dress even more heart warming for the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment